New generation projects
If you are developing a new renewable generation project, selling your power is just one of many things you have to think about - particularly if energy isn't your core business. A partner that knows the market can make this process easier to navigate and help you get the best possible deal and service.
Our experienced team will assist you from the planning stages right through to when you start generating, providing the support you need to secure your revenue stream.
- Choose a fixed or flexible Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) to suit you requirements
- Secure competitive prices from SmartestEnergy, the leading purchaser of independent renewable generation
- Get your project connected to the grid quickly with our dedicated and experienced team
- Receive your power payments on time every month backed with dedicated customer service
- Know your power is going to a sustainably-focused organisation from the supply-side of our business
Interested in battery storage? We developed the UK's first commercial agreement for a battery project (UK Power Networks 6MW battery) so we are experienced in this emerging market.
Existing generation projects
As an existing commercial-scale generator, switching to a new PPA provider can be a hassle, but it doesn't have to be. It can be a great opportunity to not only get a better deal, but also to work with a new, fresh partner that can help you get the most from your project.
Working with us is the smarter choice - we have expereince arranging bespoke agreements across all commercialised (and some developing) technologies.
- Secure competitive prices and benefit from our experience of managing a 3.3GW portfolio
- Choose flexible options for contract structures and terms & conditions
- Get paid on time every month thanks to our simple process and validated, itemised statements
- Receive support from the same experienced Account Manager throughout your contract
- Contact our Hedging Desk directly to access wholesale prices or published indices to suit your strategy
Our dedicated Hedging Desk connects you to the wholesale market so you can sell your power against quoted market prices or published indices to suit you strategy. Imbalance costs can also be arranged to suit your needs. While our Position and Price Reporting Tool helps you monitor the market and your generation patterns to identify opportunities to optimise your generation and increase revenue.
Why choose us?
We've been helping generators sell their power since 2001, and with 3.3GW portfolio of over 600 projects, we have experience across all commercialised technologies. Whether your generation project is your main focus or something on the side of your main business, we can help you find the right PPA. We also have a track record of supporting innovative projects, such as shared grid connections and creating bankable deals for developing technology.
We can also buy your Renewable Energy Guarantee of Origin Certificates (REGOs) and Renewable Obligation Certificates (ROCs), and give you competitive rates for the embedded benefits earned by distribution-connected generators.
You will have a dedicated Account Manager who knows you and your project, supporting you along the journey to start generating. Our commitment to service doesn't end once you project is up and running - you get paid on time, we resolve any queries quickly and we provide ongoing support to help you understand the complex energy market.
We regularly score highest in customer satisfaction surveys because we make things simple for our customers against agreed service levels.
Also, we know that policy and regulation has a huge impact on your project and profitability, so we keep you up to date on the ever-changing energy market with regular newsletters, webinars and events.
Championing independent renewables
We believe independent renewable generators are a key part of the shift to a low carbon energy landscape and we work hard to represent the voice of our customers. Our Energy Entrepreneurs Report, published annually, recently highlighted that the sector is continuing to grow, with 13.8GW renewable generation capacity recorded in in 2017 (up 8.2% on 2016) - enough to power 8.38 million households.
We also supply renewable electricity to large organisations and we see demand growing rapidly as sustainability moves up the agenda, which is great news for the renewable generators we work with.
Read more about working with us below, or contact the team to discuss your requirements.